Feng Shui your Bedroom
Feng Shui Your Bedroom
In the Feng Shui of a home, the bedroom Feng Shui is very important because one-third of your life is spent in the bedroom. The bedroom environment is directly related to your romance, rest and sleep, so the bedroom Feng Shui decides whether you can have exuberant energy, a ruddy complexion, etc. In general, the bedroom shall be in a suitable size, with soft light and a simple layout. The headboard direction shall be right since it is connected with your health and wealth.
Feng Shui Bed Placement
The bed is the important components in the bedroom. A correct placement, positioning and direction of the bed with the Feng Shui principle are very important to help you keep healthy as well as bring success in work and business. Now, let’s take a look at how to place your bed for good Feng Shui
Positioning Of The Bed
1. No matter where the bed is placed, you should be able to see the bedroom door and window from the bed and it shall be sunkissed at dawn, which is conducive to absorb the energy of nature and good for your health.
2. The bed shall be parallel or perpendicular to the bedroom wall to avoid the sense of instability.
3. The bed shall not face the bedroom door directly.
4. The bed shall not be placed in front of the air conditioning, which may easily lead to cold; if your head faces the air conditioning, you will have bad luck and it is harmful to your fertility. Also, the air conditioning shall not be equipped at the right side of your bed or above it.
5. The bed shall not be placed against the bathroom wall or face the bathroom door directly. According to the Feng Shui theory, the bathroom belongs to water in the five elements and has heavy Yin (the negative/passive/female principle in nature), thus may easily lead to lumbar and kidney discomfort. It’s proved that most of the residents living in the bedroom facing the bathroom directly have the symptoms of backache. This is because no matter how luxurious the bathroom is, it is only used for discharge, thus has poor air quality and is moister after bath. If the bed faces the bathroom door directly or leans against the bathroom wall, it will be moist and easily affect the air quality of the bedroom, leading to backache and increasing the detoxification burden of the kidneys after a long time. Therefore, you are suggested to place some foliage plants growing in soil in the bathroom or separate dry space from moist space.
1. The headboard shall not face the bedroom door directly.
You need a secure, stable and quiet environment to sleep. The door is a necessary gateway for getting in and out of the room, so the headboard shall not face the bedroom door directly; otherwise, you sleeping in the bed may easily feel insecure and suffer from neuralgia and headache. If the headboard faces the door, you can use a screen to block the door and maintain the privacy of the bedroom.
2. The headboard shall not be west-facing.
The headboard direction means where the headboard is placed. According to scientific analysis, the earth revolves on its axis from east to west; if your head faces the west, the blood will always rush to the head and you cannot sleep peacefully, so the bed shall be placed in a north-south direction and you can sleep with south-facing head and north-facing feet to avoid geomagnetic interference.
3. The headboard shall lean against the wall.
If the bed does not lean against the wall, the headboard is required to avoid the sense of suspension and the headboard shall not have the kitchen or bathroom behind; otherwise, you sleeping in the bed will be absent-minded and extremely suspicious, thus affecting your health and work.
4. The headboard shall not have a beam above.
The ceiling shall be flat without a beam which may lead to the feeling of heavy body. In particular, you sleeping under the beam will feel great pressure and mental stress, which will affect your health and work. Such circumstances also include: the bedroom door shall not have a beam above; the indoor air-conditioner shall not be placed above the pillow; the bed shall not have a droplight right above.
5. The headboard shall not face a mirror.
The bed shall not face the mirror, the floor-to-ceiling floor and window because you may be easily scared by yourself in the mirror or the floor-to-ceiling window at night and feel restless, leading to dizziness, hypochondria, nightmare and neuralgia. If there is a mirror facing your bed in the bedroom, you can cover it or turn it to the wall during the night. It is suggested to inlay the mirror in the bedroom closet.
6. The headboard shall not lean against the window.
If the headboard adjoins the window, it will lead to restriction and you sleeping in the bed will easily feel insecure because you cannot see the window in front, thus leading to mental stress and affecting your health.
Feng Shui Tips and Solutions for a Bed Under the Window
7. Don't face the bathroom door.
The headboard shall not face the bathroom door or lean against the bathroom wall, which may easily lead to lumbago, backache, rheumatism and headache.
Bedroom Size And Layout
1. The bedroom shall not be too large.
The human body is an energy body that distributes energy to the outside all the time, just like the working air conditioning, thus the bigger the floor area is, the more energy it consumes. Therefore, if the bedroom is too large, your body immunity declines due to the excessive energy consumption and you will be in low spirit, poor judgment or even get ill, unfortunately. The experts suggest that the preferred bedroom area shall be limited to 10 to 25 square meters.
2. The bedroom shall not be too small.
The master bedroom shall not be too small or less than 3 square meters because living in a too-small bedroom will make you feel depressed. After a long time, your health, spirit and mood will be influenced.
3. The bedroom shall be in a square layout.
The bedroom shall be in a square rather than polygonal or hypotenuse shape because the hypotenuse may easily lead to visual illusion while the polygonal shape may easily lead to depression, thus increasing your mental burden. Over time, you may easily fall ill or have an accident. Also, the bedroom shall not be long and narrow, which is adverse to ventilation.
4. Shall face the sun
Feng Shui masters indicate that the bedroom shall face the sun and the master bedroom shall be the largest. Living in a west-facing or east-facing bedroom with a large window, you may easily have a bloody disaster. The west-facing or east-facing bedroom always has strong sunlight in the morning or afternoon, which will stimulate your nerves and affect your rest, leading to insomnia, impulsion and irritability. A south-facing or north-facing bedroom with a modest window is recommended. If you are living in a west-facing or east-facing bedroom, you should pull the curtain at the appropriate time.
5. No balcony or floor-to-ceiling window is better.
A bedroom with a balcony or floor-to-ceiling window increases the energy consumption in sleeping, so you may feel tired or lose sleep since the glass structure is unable to preserve body heat, which is the same with the fact that you may easily get ill if you sleep in the open air. The bedroom without balcony or floor-to-ceiling window is suggested or the balcony and the floor-to-ceiling window shall be equipped with a thick curtain.
Interior Layout Of The Bedroom
1. How to Feng Shui your Wardrobe in the Bedroom?
A wardrobe, a big piece of furniture in a bedroom, is used for storing clothes. The placement of the wardrobe has a great impact on bedroom Feng Shui. The proper and well-placed wardrobe will bring you a peaceful mind.
2. The bedroom Shall be bright in the daytime and dim at night.
The bedroom shall have a window for ventilation, which can make you refreshed in the daytime; at night, the window shall be covered with a curtain to block the outdoor night lights, so that you can fall asleep easily.
3. The bedroom door shall not face the entrance door.
A bedroom is a place of rest which shall be quiet and private while the entrance door is a necessary gateway for family members and friends in and out. Therefore, if the bedroom door faces the entrance door, the bedroom will not be quiet, affecting your health and wealth.
4. The bedroom door shall not face the bathroom directly.
A bathroom is a place for people to discharge, thus easily producing mephitis and moistness, so if the bedroom door faces the bathroom directly, it will be harmful to your health.
5. The bedroom door shall not be next to or face the kitchen directly.
The kitchen is a place with fire, thus very hot and dry, so the bedroom shall not be next to the kitchen, especially the bed shall not cling to the wall of the cooking range. Otherwise, it will be harmful to your health and make your job performance unstable.
6. The bedroom door shall not face the mirror.
The mirror can reflect and it can reflect the evil spirit out in terms of Feng Shui. If the mirror faces the bedroom door, it will reflect the evil spirit into the bedroom and lead to bad luck.
7. The bedroom shall not be transformed from a bathroom.
The pipeline of modern buildings is constructed integrally, so the bathrooms in the whole building are located at the same place. If the bedroom is transformed from a bathroom, it will be between the bathrooms upstairs and downstairs which are unclean and moist. Therefore, the bedroom environment will be affected and your tranquillity will be influenced once the closestool and the tap are used, which is harmful to your physical and mental health.
8. Things shall be neat rather than messy.
The clothing, furniture and furnishings in the bedroom shall be neat rather than messy. The expired newspapers, magazines or extra knick-knacks shall be sorted out and put away. Otherwise, your working order will be influenced and you may put upside down.
9. The bedroom shall be well ventilated.
The bedroom shall be well ventilated. Many people get used to closing the window of the bedroom for a long time to reduce the dust, which actually will lead to unhealthiness. On the one hand, it will easily make you get sick or make you suffer from lingering illness; on the other hand, it will make you become stubborn and wander in a dead end.
10. No mirror directly shining on the bed.
The bedroom shall not have a mirror or reflective object which directly shines the bed, including the TV fluorescent screen, or you will easily have illusions, fall into a flutter or cannot sleep peacefully.
11. Less electric appliances is better.
The bedroom with too many electric appliances is called the fire room in terms of Feng Shui, which is harmful to body health. The modern medical theory also indicates that electrical radiation does harm to human health. Therefore, the bedroom shall have as few appliances as possible; in particular, the TV shall not face the bed legs directly and the power cable shall be unplugged when not in use.
12. No downlight above the bed.
In terms of Feng Shui, if the roof right above the bed is equipped with a droplight, it will bring evil spirit and harm to the health. According to modern psychology research, if the roof right above the bed is equipped with a droplight, it will indeed give you mental hints, increase your mental stress and affect your endocrine, leading to a series of health problems like insomnia, nightmare and respiratory diseases. The roof right above the bed is suggested to be empty and the bedside floor lamp or table lamp with soft light is suggested.